Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Attendees: Yehuda, Ben, Nadine, Roy, Saarya (my son)

Game 1: I taught Ben how to Play Take 6, and promptly repeated my performance from the previous game session. That is: I handily won the first game, while he was wokring out how to play, and promptly lost the second game by a landslide. ust goes to show you ... uh, something.

(I forgot: Ben and I also played a few games of Pente)

Game 2: Nadine came, and so did Roy. I found Roy on BGG, and invited him a while ago, and he finaly made it over. Roy is already experienced, but Nadine is still a newcomer, so I decided on introducing her to Settlers, which, with the help of Saarya, she won. We played coastal (first settlement on the coast), but the board still managed to clog up almost immediately. It looked for a while like Roy might win, but Nadine/Saarya managed to block off part of the island for themselves, steal the Longest Road, and then handily win when everyone else was stuck with literally no space left to build. A fun and exciting game.

Next game Wed. Please email me beforehand if you will be showing up. As a side note, there (may be) will be a Diplomacy game this Thursday at the Jerusalem Diplomacy group. Email Alan Frazin (mzimu@mindless.com) for details if you want to try an older but classic strategy game.

No comments: